DB Browser for SQLite
The Official home of the DB Browser for SQLite
What it is
DB Browser for SQLite (DB4S) is a high quality, visual, open source tool to create, design, and edit database files compatible with SQLite.
DB4S is for users and developers who want to create, search, and edit databases. DB4S uses a familiar spreadsheet-like interface, and complicated SQL commands do not have to be learned.
Controls and wizards are available for users to:
- Create and compact database files
- Create, define, modify and delete tables
- Create, define, and delete indexes
- Browse, edit, add, and delete records
- Search records
- Import and export records as text
- Import and export tables from/to CSV files
- Import and export databases from/to SQL dump files
- Issue SQL queries and inspect the results
- Examine a log of all SQL commands issued by the application
- Plot simple graphs based on table or query data
What it is not
This program is not a visual shell for the sqlite command line tool, and does not require familiarity with SQL commands. It is a tool to be used by both developers and end users, and must remain as simple to use as possible in order to achieve these goals.